2018 Mission and Ministry Auction

2018 Mission and Ministry Auction

May 12th | Dinner at 5:00pm, Auction at 6:00pm

Event Description

One of the four cornerstones in the purpose statement of the Oakland United Methodist Church in Dempseytown states that the church exists to Serve the Community in Faith.

For many years, an outreach program called “Venango-Hatchie” has allowed this congregation to reach beyond the walls of the church to help those families most affected in our economically depressed area keep their homes in livable condition. Teams of volunteers go to people’s homes to repair roofs, paint, repair plumbing, build handicap ramps and a wide variety of other projects.  In the last four years, we have sent two missionteams to the Spirit Lake Ministry Center in North Dakota to assist in Native American youthministries and construction projects.

To raise the funds necessary to meet the needs of mission and ministry, Oakland United Methodist Church is hosting a “Missions and Ministry” Auction. Items up for bid include donations from local restaurants, theater and campground gift certificates, custom knives, handmade woodworking items, baked goods, and many gift baskets with themes from hunting and outdoors to gardening and beauty products to family fun themes.

The auction (with a professional auctioneer) will be held Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at the Oakland Church, 1431 State Route 428, in Dempseytown where 80% of the funds raised will be dedicated to reaching immediate needs outside the walls of the church through vital mission projects supported by Venango-Hatchie and the United Methodist Women.  The remaining 20% of funds raised will be set aside while our congregation envisions how best to adapt our facilities to effectively meet the future needs of our local community. There is no charge for attending the auction.

Starting at 5pm the youth group will have variety of finger foods available and proceeds from the food sales will go to support our youth ministries. Registration for bidder numbers also begins at 5pm and auction items will be on display to peruse from 5-6pm.

We invite you to take a trip to Dempseytown for some good old fashioned fun, and spend an evening supporting your local community. If you would like further information please call the church office at (814) 676-0959 or contact office@oaklandum.com.

Featured Quilt

2018-08-07T20:23:23+00:00April 19th, 2018|Community|

Join Us For Sunday Worship

Worship begins at 8:45am
Sunday School 10:00-11:00am

Our Location

1431 State Route 428
Oil City, PA 16301

Get In Touch

Give us a call!
(814) 676-0959

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
I would like to receive the following notification